Wednesday, June 27, 2012

New Restaurant Wednesday: Feraro's Jersey Style Pizza


I consider myself a bit of a New Jersey connoisseur*: I’ve splashed in the surf in Seaside Heights, I’ve channeled the Soprano’s and dined in their booth at Holsten's, I’ve partied like Snooki at Bamboo Bar, and I’ve window shopped in adorable Hoboken. But, the Pièce de résistance was a trip to the Sawmill Cafe on the southern tip of the Seaside Boardwalk. Serving their infamous 27 inch pie, I had my first taste of “Jersey style” pizza in 2011. So, when I discovered a place that serves up a slice of the Garden State right in Soulard, I knew I had to make like a Guidette and get there.

A taste of the Garden State:
Feraro's house salad and a slice of their Jersey Style pep
peroni pizza.


Feraro's in Soulard on a sunny St. Louis day.
Feraro's Jersey Style Pizza is a small joint of a restaurant located in a nook behind Chava's Mexican Restaurant. It’s not a fancy establishment with plastic tables and chairs serving as sidewalk seating and strands of multi-colored Christmas lights decorating the tiny interior. But what matters most to patrons of Feraro’s is the pizza. On each of my visits I’ve sampled the small house salad and a slice of New Jersey Style pepperoni pizza. And each time, I’ve loved it. They pile on the pepperoni and the sauce is rich and flavorful. Not interested in a slice of pie? Try one of their homemade Stromboli’s or a calzone instead. Their “Taylor Ham” sandwich would make my best friend Lori, a Bergen County native, proud.

The Sawmill Cafe in Seaside Park, New Jersey and their infamous 27 inch pizza.

Just like JWoww: Fist pumping my way to the Jersey Shore.
{2011}


Feraro's has two locations in St. Louis - in Soulard and South County - giving patrons a true "Boardwalk Experience."

To keep up with Ferraro’s, like them on facebook and follow them on twitter.

*Thank you for not leaving after reading that. Even I judged myself a little after that first line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! After a brief review, you should see your comment appear shortly.