Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Arty Party at the Four Seasons St. Louis




Sylvia, Erin and I attend Arty Party

With the artist, Jeff Kapfer. Isn't he the cutest?
There are few things I love more than good art and a good party, so when the Four Seasons St. Louis announced that they were hosting the first in a series of "Arty Party's”, I knew we had to go. Held in the Presidential Suite, this month’s Arty Party showcased the work of local painter Jeff Kapfer. A St. Louis area native, Jeff has stayed close to home attending Wentzville High School, graduating with a BFA from Webster University and flexing his creative muscle as a graphic designer for Build-A-Bear WorkshopHis love of birds inspired him to create vibrant and colorful creations, many of which were on display throughout the suite. St. Louis is a town of friendly people and accessibility and that was obvious throughout the evening as Jeff mixed and mingled and introduced himself to the guests in attendance. You won’t find that in a stuffy SoHo gallery!

 Snow Bird and Bird Love. Credit: Jeff Kapfer

When my friends and I are heading out for a night on the town, my first suggestion is almost always, “Cielo!” With its chic and stylish interior, sophisticated Sky Terrace, and stunning views of the St. Louis skyline, it’s my choice for the ultimate experience in downtown wining and dining. Dinner can get a little pricey (it is the Four Seasons, after all), so if you don’t want to break the bank, sample their "Small Plates." My recommendations are the Cielo Bruschetta and the Crab Cakes or feast on their margherita pizza (my fave!). In need of a cocktail? Enjoy the view on the Sky Terrace while drinking the Dirty Diamond, voted “Best Martini” in the 2011 RFT “Best of St. Louis” edition.



All dressed up and celebrating my 30th birthday at Cielo (2011)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! After a brief review, you should see your comment appear shortly.