Monday, January 30, 2012

Jumping on the Beauty Bandwagon


It seems everywhere I look on the internet, people are chatting, tweeting and blogging about beauty. Perhaps it’s the post New Year’s resolution commitment to be better, feel better, look better. Maybe it’s the winter months dragging on and everyone wanting to look like they have some color on their skin (please tell me I’m not the only one who’s completely pale), but everyone seems to be on the beauty bandwagon. Holly first asked the important question, “What mascara do you use?” Fellow St. Louis blogger and co-author of MOM Incorporated: A Guide to Business and Baby, Danielle Smith gave the run down on her personal beauty style. Heck, even Kate Gosselin blogged her tips for a “Five Minute Face.” So, lucky readers, here are my favorite go-to items when I’m getting glammed up for a day of work or a night out on the town:

LIPS

ChapStick: I don’t do drugs and I’ve never smoked a cigarette, but I would seriously hurt someone if I didn’t have ready access to a tube of ChapStick. And, I’m not talking fancy expensive balm. Give me the old fashioned ChapStick any day.


Lipstick: For years, the only lipstick I've used is Revlon Super Lustrous in Iced Amethyst. I'm no Estee Lauder, but if you have an olive skin tone, I think this is the perfect shade for any season. You can pump it up for added drama with a bit of gloss over the top or leave it as is.


FACE

Foundation: Recently, I just started using liquid foundation (as recent as two weeks ago.) I realize that I am way behind on the times when it comes to foundation, but gals I have to tell you that I love it! I bought Maybelline Fit Me in Natural Beige. I’ve found that it goes on my skin smoothly, doesn’t make me look like I’m wearing a mask and lasts nearly all day. 



EYES

Eyeliner: Another new addition to my makeup bag is eyeliner. For the first thirty years of my life, I never once wore eyeliner. Why didn't anyone tell me what I was missing? My favorite eyeliner (and in full disclosure, the only one I’ve tried) is Bare Escentuals Big and Bright Eyeliner in Midnight Moon. I have hazel eyes and I find that this gives my eyes a little somethin’ somethin’ whether I apply a fine line during the day or smudge it for night wear.

{Photo credit}
Eye Color: Ladies, if you’re looking for new shade for your eyelids look no further than Bare Escentuals eye color in Silver Lining and Smoky Diamond. I’ve been using both for at least a year and I love the way they make my eyes pop. Silver Lining is good to wear during the day or if you want a bit more sparkle for the evening. Smoky Diamond, on the other hand, is the perfect color for a hot night on the town when you want a smoky, sexy eye.

Silver Lining, pictured right
{Photo credit}

That's what's in my make-up bag, what's in yours? 

1 comment :

  1. Ohhh - I have eyeliner and shadow envy!! Gorgeous! Will have to seek them out.... thank you for the mention :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! After a brief review, you should see your comment appear shortly.