Sunday, December 04, 2011

Unto Us This Day...A Blog Is Born!


On the rooftop of Joe Buck's Downtown, looking east over downtown St. Louis

Welcome, Hallo, and Bonjour to the newest blog on the St. Louis scene – STLCityDiva! If there are two things I love it’s my hometown of St. Louis and introducing both newcomers and current residents to the charm, history and culture of the “Gateway to the West.” 

So, why write a blog? Why now when the Internet seems overly saturated with blogs? For several reasons (enter my obsession with list-making): 

1) I’ve been reading and enjoying blogs for years. I find it fascinating that people (and for the most part, complete strangers) give you a small peek into their lives, their interests and their cities. I think it takes a lot of guts to put yourself out there and expose your life and times to the World Wide Web. I don’t remember why I started reading blogs, but two of the first that I started reading in 2007, and continue to read today, are sensibly sassy and Nothing But Bonfires . Since then, my Google reader has expanded to include “mommy bloggers,” celebrities, photographers and everyday St. Louisans.  I’ve read about people and places from the US to the UK, about bloggers with interests similar to my own and those with lives far different than mine. It’s an exposure to different cultures, ideas and perspectives and, as Martha Stewart would say, that’s “a good thing.” 

2) I’ve been told for years that I should write a blog. I've also been told that I should have my own reality TV show, so if anyone from Bravo is listening (ahem, St. Louis native Andy Cohen!), STLCityDiva is at your disposal. 

3) I love St. Louis. I’m a native St. Louisan, and as my favorite Texan can tell you, I love showing newcomers the unique neighborhoods and charming nooks-and-crannies of my city. There is nothing I love more than to find new and interesting places and share them with my friends. And now, I can share my fabulous finds with all of you. Whether you’ve been to the places I’ll share here or you’ve never been to St. Louis (the shame!), sit back, relax with a Schlafly and enjoy STLCityDiva.  



3 comments :

  1. how very exciting!! I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures :)
    P.S. Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still waiting for my tag. Congrats on the new blog. Can't wait for the first feature article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, gals! And, Stessie...stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! After a brief review, you should see your comment appear shortly.