Monday, February 04, 2013

Fabulous Find: Tabletop S'mores at Kayak's


Last Friday, my boss and co-worker took me out for a very belated birthday lunch at Kayak's.* I was last there in 2011 and I forgot just how much I enjoy the food, the imported free-trade coffee, and of course, the tabletop s’mores.

A haven for Washington University students, Kayak’s has the feel of a Canadian ski lodge with rough timber walls, snow skis mounted on the ceiling, and colorful Tibetan prayer flags hanging in the air. The rustic atmosphere is perfect for studying, relaxing, or reading the RFT by the fire. Enjoy a carefully crafted cup of coffee? Kayak’s, a member of the Kaldi’s family of coffee shops since 2010, is committed to providing its patrons with the highest quality certified organic, certified kosher, and certified free trade coffees and teas. The food at Kayak’s is equally delish: I love that their sandwiches are named after ski towns such as Breckenridge, Jackson Hole, and Telluride. My favorite? The Aspen.

Jeremy gets his kicks at Kayak's.

But we came here to talk about their tabletop s’mores, didn’t we divas? Forget sitting outside in the cold around a campfire, Kayak’s provides the flame and all the fixin’s. If you’re in St. Louis and hunkering down for winter (hello unexpected snowfall), Kayak’s tabletop s’mores are the perfect winter treat.
Tabletop s'mores for two.
{2011}

Want to get your kicks with Kaldi’s Coffee? Follow them on twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

*It turns out, I really do celebrate my birthday all month long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! After a brief review, you should see your comment appear shortly.