Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Back on the Blogging Bandwagon

This little blog hasn’t seen much of its intrepid writer over the last few weeks. Call it the craziness of summer, call it writer’s block (those New Restaurant Wednesday posts take a long time to write, y’all), call it blog intimidation (Is there such a thing? To be intimidated by blank page that stares at you with no words coming out of your brain and no words appearing on the page? If so, call me intimidated.), call it less sleep and more chaos, but this diva’s been busy. So what have I been doing lately?

The Year of The Wedding is in full swing! This weekend we kicked Jessica’s wedding off right with a Bachelorette Party thrown in her honor. We had dinner at Hamburger Mary's (you cannot go wrong with their Ta-Ta’s) and Joe Buck’s Downtown (the food was amazing {the calamari and buffalo chicken salad are to die for} – the service not so much), we danced the night away at the Jive and Wail, and we ended the weekend at the St. Louis hotspot 360 St. Louis (my heart still belongs to Cielo.) In other wedding-related news: Two Bachelorette Party’s down, one wedding shower and one wedding reception this weekend (both on the same day. Of course.), one bridal luncheon/rehearsal dinner/wedding reception next weekend, and two wedding receptions still to come. Be still my bleeding checkbook.
So many drinks, so little time.

Watching the Olympics: From the Opening Ceremonies to McKayla Maroney’s near perfect floor routine, I’ve loved tuning in to sports that I otherwise wouldn’t watch. Judo? Fencing? Rowing? It’s all fun and games until somebody eats a pot-laced brownie.


Watching Bravo and E!: Oh, Real Housewives of New York City/New Jersey/OC, why can’t I quit you? And, if there’s a clinic for people addicted to Keeping Up With the Kardashians, I might as well voluntarily admit myself now. Speaking of, does anyone else find it odd that we haven’t seen hide nor perfectly coiffed hair of baby Penelope? The world awaits your spread in People Magazine already!
The family that watches a cow and a bull mate together stays  together...right, Teresa?
{Photo credit}

Discovering new blogs: I’ve been an avid reader of blogs for years and have recently discovered new pages to add to my reader: The Pioneer Woman - I’m probably the last person west of the Mississippi to read Ree Drummond’s blog about life on her Oklahoma cattle ranch, but I love her honest and witty approach to life, motherhood, and business. Holly Would If She Could – I found Holly’s blog by way of Home Sweet Sarah and have enjoyed reading about her life in NoCal. Hillary (with two L’s) blog is a fresh and funny look at life in Vancouver.

So, there you have it, a recap of the insanity that has been/will be my summer. It’s busy, it’s absurdly crazy, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. Look for the final installment of my Vegas Vacation coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! After a brief review, you should see your comment appear shortly.